Trondenes Historical Center is a museum located in Trondenes, in the town of Harstad, in Troms og Finnmark county, Norway. The museum covers the history of Trondenes and the surrounding areas. The museum displaying more than 2,000 years of history in the region, which was once a Viking Era power centre.
Since the early 13th century, there has been a trading post at Sandtorgholmen (where the village of Sandtorg is located). This location became more important in the late 18th century when pilot services were added for foreign and local ships. The trading post continued to be a focal point of Sandtorg until 1945 when the Norwegian Army’s communication services took over the facilities after the German occupation (1940–1945). The army returned Sandtorgholmen to civilian use in the 1990s. Today, the Sandtorgholmen trading post features a hotel with a harbor restaurant and meeting facilities.